Last modified: December 22, 2016
Runzheimer International Ltd. ("Runzheimer" or "we" or “us”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you purchase, download, install, register with, access or use Equo™ by Runzheimer (the "App").
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect in this App, in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with this App.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Runzheimer apps or websites, including websites you may access through this App.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our websites and these third parties will have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
II. Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the App.
In addition, we may collect information about users of our App from their employers as needed to provide the functions of the App and as permitted by applicable law.
(A) Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with or use this App, we may ask you to provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, banking information for automatic payments, insurance information, e-mail address, telephone number, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information").
- That is about you and is linked to personal information but which individually does not identify you, such as business trip data, vehicle profile, phone brand/model and OS Version, reimbursement data, application usage and location data, notification preferences and diagnostic data.
Information we collect may also include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the App. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the App, subscribing to our service, posting material and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the App.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the App.
(B) Automatic Information Collection And Tracking.
(i) Automatic Collection. When you download, access and use the App, it will automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the App, it automatically collects certain details of your access to and use of the App, including location data, logs, trip data, diagnostic data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the App.
- Device Information. The App collects information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device's unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device's telephone number.
- Stored Information and Files. The App also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device if it is necessary to perform the functions of the App.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of your device. Location Information may include, for example, GPS position, Heading, Speed, Altitude, and Wireless Network connections.
If you do not want us to collect this information, either do not download the App or delete it from your device.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities to improve the App.
(ii) Information Collection And Tracking Technologies. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone which automatically collects and stores information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the App and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit Runzheimer, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain app content and verifying system and server integrity).
It may be possible to generally refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. You will not have any other ability to opt out of automatic information collection by the tracking technologies described in this subsection at this time.
III. How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with the App and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you or your employer notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between your employer and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when App updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- For our analysis and modeling in order to improve the functions of the App.
- Provide to your employer for purposes of processing your expenses or for any other lawful purpose.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our App and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our App according to your individual interests.
- Recognize you when you use the App.
We use location information we collect for modeling and analysis and general improvement of the application’s trip detection and trip accuracy.
We may use your personal information to contact you about our own and/or third parties' goods and services that may be of interest to you. We may also use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers' target audiences, unless you have opted out of such uses. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
If Runzheimer contacts you about our own and/or third parties’ goods and services available to you, you will have an opportunity to select “opt out” of any such offers within the App as a setting. If we contact you by email with any such marketing offers we will include an “unsubscribe” link in the email. If there are other reasons that you do not want Runzheimer to use your information as provided in this policy, please either do not download the App or delete it from your device.
IV. Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or company or enable reverse engineering to re-identify this information, without restriction other than that we contractually enforce restrictions on re-identification with any party to whom such information is disclosed.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of Runzheimer's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Runzheimer about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you, provided you have provided the necessary opt-in consent through a setting in the App.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- To your employer, for purposes of processing your expenses or for any other lawful purpose.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any lawful government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you, or your employer and us, and for billing and collection.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Runzheimer, our customers or others.
If you do not want Runzheimer to disclose your information as provided in this policy, please either do not download the App or delete it from your device.
V. Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com.
VI. Users Located Outside of the United States
VII. Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions, trip or account related data sent to or from the App will be encrypted in transit using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our App, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the App. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the App.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we take reasonable measures to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
IX. Contact Information
or via telephone