Runzheimer Privacy Notice
Effective: March 29, 2018
This Privacy Notice explains how Runzheimer International, Ltd. (“Runzeheimer” or “we”) collects, uses, shares, and handles information about Users of the Runzheimer website, the Equo™ by Runzheimer application, and other services (collectively, “Runzheimer Services”). For example, Users include mobile workers who use the Runzheimer app to track mileage for reimbursement from their employers. By visiting Runzheimer.com or using any Runzheimer Service, Users accept the practices described in this Privacy Notice and consents to the collection, use and disclosure of information described herein.
Runzheimer collects Users’ information on behalf of Users’ employers or other companies that engage the services of Users (collectively, “Runzheimer Clients”). Users may be direct employees or independent contractors of Runzheimer Clients. Users also may be direct employees or independent contractors of Runzheimer Clients’ Permitted Affiliates, as defined in the Runzheimer Master Services Agreement.
This Privacy Notice does not limit collection, use, sharing, or handling by Runzheimer of aggregated, de-identified, or anonymized information, provided that the information cannot be associated with an individual.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Privacy Notice, e-mail Runzheimer at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Runzheimer collects User information from Users and Clients in order to administer and provide Runzheimer Services to Runzheimer Clients and Users and for the other purposes identified in this Privacy Notice. Information that may be collected includes:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Employer name
- Vehicle and car insurance information
- Bank account data
- Website log and user agent data such as Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, metadata, and the date and time that you accessed Runzheimer Services
- Mobile device type and operating system information
- Precise location information (described below)
- Information collected via cookies and web beacons (described below)
- Miles driven
- Simple web page actions
- App usage details
- Stored information and files on your user device, if necessary to perform the functions of the app
- Real-time information about the location of your mobile device using GPS and other technologies. Location information may include, for example, GPS position, speed, altitude, and wireless network connections.
- Any other information that Users or Clients choose to communicate to Runzheimer (such as sending information to Runzheimer via e-mail, app, or a Web form).
As described above, the Equo™ app records and tracks, among other things, your geographic location using the Global Positioning System (GPS) and other technologies, and that information is available to Runzheimer and third-parties, including your employer, in the form of a map of your location information. Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it.
To deliver some services, such as mileage reimbursement via the Equo™ app, Runzheimer may collect precise location information related to a User’s location and route. Runzheimer will only collect precise location information if a User affirmatively opts in to such collection via both the mobile device operating system settings and the settings on the Equo™ app.
For instance, in order for a User to allow the Equo™ app to collect precise location information on the User’s iPhone, the User must take two steps. First, the User must allow Runzheimer to access location information via the iPhone’s Privacy settings. Second, the User must enable location collection via the settings on the Equo™ app. When the Equo™ app is open and set to automatic trip capture mode, it captures all precise geolocation data related to the User’s trip. If the trip is captured outside of the User’s normal business hours, it is tagged as a personal trip, which the User may delete in the Equo™ app. Users also have the option of manually starting and stopping precise geolocation data collection via the “Start” and “Stop” buttons, or similar options, on the Equo™ app. Please note that the exact settings and options for precise location information collection may vary by mobile operating system and version of the Equo™ app.
If you do not agree with our policies and practices, do not download, register with or use the App, or login into or access the Portal. By registering with or using the App and/or clicking “I Accept” when presented with this Policy in the App, or by accessing and using the Portal and/or clicking “I Accept” when presented with this Policy while accessing the Portal, you agree to this Policy.
If a User would like to review or request changes to his or her information that is collected through a Runzheimer Service (subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law), the User may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
HOW WE USE THE INFORMATION
We use the User information that we collect to administer and provide our services to Runzheimer Clients and Users. We may use User information for the following purposes:
- Maintaining, providing, repairing, personalizing, understanding, and improving Runzheimer Services, including but not limited to mileage reimbursement, fleet management, mileage tracking, benchmarking, billing, insurance processing, business intelligence, and relocation services;
- Processing transactions with Runzheimer Clients and Users, such as billing and processing account information;
- Communicating with Users about Runzheimer Services and affiliated third party services, via methods such as e-mail notifications;
- Responding to the inquiries of Runzheimer Clients and Users;
- Complying with IRS (CRA in Canada) and employer mileage reimbursement guidelines; and
- For any other purpose to which you consent at the time that your information is collected.
We may use location information we collect from you and others for modeling, analysis, and general improvement of the Services and functionality, including trip detection and trip accuracy functionality.
We may use your personal information to contact you about our own and/or third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If Runzheimer contacts you about those goods and services, you will have an opportunity to “opt out” of such communications within the App by emailing email@example.com. If we contact you by email with any such marketing offers we will also include an “unsubscribe” link in the email.
If Runzheimer collects User information on behalf of a Runzheimer Client, it may share any of that User information with that Runzheimer Client. For example, if Jane Doe uses the Runzheimer app to track her car’s mileage for her employer, ABC Company, Runzheimer may share any information that the Runzheimer app collects about Jane Doe with ABC Company.
Additionally, under the following circumstances, Runzheimer may provide third parties with the information that it has collected from a User, provided that the sharing is conducted for one of the following purposes:
- To obtain services from Runzheimer third-party service providers. Examples of such third-party services include but are not limited to contractors, technical support, analytics, insurance quotes, insurance processing services, fuel prices, and motor vehicle record information;
- To fulfill the purpose for which Users provide the information;
- To comply with legal requirements and respond to lawful court orders and other valid legal process;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Runzheimer or others, or to assist in the investigation of fraud or any other unlawful activity;
- To Runzheimer affiliates;
- As part of a merger, partial or complete acquisition, bankruptcy, asset sale, financing, consolidation, restructuring, liquidation, or similar corporate transaction. In the event of a corporate transaction that would result in the transfer of User information, Runzheimer would inform Users via their most recent e-mail address on record with Runzheimer and a prominent notice on the Runzheimer.com website;
- To transfer any aggregate or anonymized information, provided that no individual could be identified by the information; or
- Under any other circumstance to which the User consents after being notified.
We may also disclose aggregated information about users of the Services and information that does not identify any individual or company or enable reverse engineering to re-identify this information, without restriction. If we make such a disclosure, we may contractually enforce restrictions on re-identification with the party to whom such information is disclosed.
If you do not want Runzheimer to disclose your information (Personal or otherwise) as provided in this policy, please do not download the App or register with, access, or use the Services.
COOKIES, WEB BEACONS, AND DO-NOT-TRACK
Certain features of our Site may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our site. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
Web beacons are transparent graphic images placed in emails or web pages to record the simple actions of users. Web beacons collect only limited information, such as time and date of a page being viewed, and a description of the page on which the web beacon resides (the URL). Runzheimer uses web beacons to support analytical programs like Google Analytics and New Relic (our SLA monitoring system).
As described in this Privacy Notice, other parties may collect Runzheimer User personally identifiable information about an individual User’s online activities over time and across different Web sites when the User uses Runzheimer services. Runzheimer does not respond to Do-Not-Track signals.
We take reasonable security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure, or destruction of personal information within our custody or control. These include security measures for and internal reviews of our data collection, storage, and processing practices and the use of Transport Layer Security (TLS) software to encrypt certain sensitive User information such as bank account data. We also implement physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to User information to Runzheimer employees, contractors, and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop, or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
Runzheimer processes User information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Privacy Notice. We review our data collection, storage, and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store, and process the User information needed to administer, provide or improve our services or as otherwise permitted under this Privacy Notice. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the User information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our Users to update or correct their information whenever necessary.
Runzheimer is headquartered in the United States and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, your information may be transferred to, maintained, and processed by Runzheimer and our service providers in the United States. Please note that privacy laws, regulations, and standards in the jurisdictions in which your information may be maintained and processed may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence and such information may be subject to lawful access by U.S. or other foreign courts, law enforcement, and governmental authorities.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
The California Shine the Light Law requires companies to disclose certain information about information shared with third parties that is used for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Runzheimer does not share Users’ personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. Nonetheless, if you are a California resident, you may request information about the disclosure of your personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice or our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com or write to us at:
Runzheimer International LLC
Attn: General Counsel
1 Runzheimer Parkway
Waterford, WI 53185